Thursday, August 30, 2007

5W6Ds

i had a terrible itch surrounding the vaginal area for the last 3 days and finally decided to see the OB today. i gave him a call and he asked me to go over. so, i left work at 5 pm and and rushed to the hospital. i was at the hospital at 5:30 pm and after the nurse took my weight, blood pressure and urine, i waited until 7 pm before i got to see my OB. when he saw me, he used a speculum to check for fungus that might be causing the itch. but, he said everything looks fine. but, he did give me medication and cream to ease the itch. and the OB mentioned that since i was already there, he might as well do a scan for me to see the baby’s heart beat. and we saw the heart beat! tears nearly came rolling down my face. i was just so thankful to God for a miracle!

by the time i paid the bills (RM122) and collected my medication, i was tired. i still had to go to my parents’ house to take dinner and then go home. when i arrived home, it was already 8:30 pm. i was so exhausted but thank God that the baby is coming along fine. :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so glad you saw the heartbeat! It helps make everything more real.

Did the doctor check you for a urinary tract infection (UTI)? Sometimes pregnancy increases the chances of getting one.

kiLikiNa said...

yeah, the doctor did check for UTI. but, there's nothing. and the itch is actually at the outside (which i forgot to mention to the doctor and caused him to do the examination in the vagina). now, i'm applying the cream to help with the itch.